Home About Me HDR Blog Contact Me

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Introducing The Graphics Design Section!

So I have promised to post a little something extra to make up for the week that I was unable to post and I feel that the best thing to do would be to show you exactly what It is that I am busy working on!  

So as a thank you for reading my blog I will give you an exclusive look at the new graphics design section of JaredPlanz.com that I have been working on recently.  


This will not yet have a link on the main site but because you read this blog I will not only give you the link but walk you through the process that I go through creating my designs.  For example this digital painting that I created in Photoshop to mimic the style of Dave Kinsey.  I also created a canvas painting of the same image that you can see HERE!

Also If you look through the Spiderman Art Nouveau inspired movie poster in which I tried to explore a style similar to Aubrey Beardsley.  You will be able to see me work from a basic rough draft to a nearly complete graphic image.  



This was the basic concept of the spider man figure in the center with a web border and text at the bottom with the title at the top. 






This  was the nearly completed hand drawn concept of the poster.  I added a great deal more detail into the border. This was made with a sharpie. 



Finally the concept is brought to the computer and created using Adobe Illustrator.  For those that don't understand the difference between Photoshop and Illustrator its simply that illustrator creates Vector Art (Which is paths instead of pixles) so I can make vector art as big or small as I want without ever losing quality.  I still need to complete his suit. But this is the nearly completed idea.


The project that I am currently involved in creating a Gig Poster in Photoshop.  This is a project that I am having a great deal of fun working on,  so I want to show you how it is going.

 This is a Gig poster for B.o.B and I decided to take an image and make it look like he was shooting out of the planet because he spends a lot of time talking about aliens and space.  

Also let me know what you think of the earth that he is flying off of, because I created it myself instead of using a picture. 

There is even more work to check out in the graphics design section of the site!  So CHECK IT OUT HERE and please tell me what you think and give me some suggestions!