Home About Me HDR Blog Contact Me

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Photo of The Day #2 : Glenn Dale Hospital

So for today's photo of the day Is a picture from the Abandoned Glenn Dale Hospital in Maryland. 

This is one of the more interesting places that I have been in my life and even with the photos I think it is hard to explain the creepiness of this place!

  

Glenn Dale Hospital was a tuberculosis sanitarium in Glenn Dale, Maryland in the United States.
 It closed down in 1982 and is now littered by trash and graffiti from vandals.

 Due to the amount of vandals the area is very heavily guarded by police to prevent people from entering the building. (trust me on that one)

So personally I felt that this is something that everyone should be allowed to see without worrying about the risk. So "I" managed to find a way into the building to take some pictures for everyone to see!

Once inside the building I was filled with a feeling of fear (I am not gonna lie about this one).  I entered through the basement which according to Wiki.

The basements of the hospital buildings are extremely dangerous. Large pieces of rusty, sharp metal and debris hang from the ceiling. Each hospital basement has its own morgue.
Almost the entire building was quite dark except for little amounts of light sneaking in from the windows giving everything a more creepy feeling!

So this entire gallery I made HDR to allow you to see the details on the inside! I hope you enjoy an inside look! And if anyone asks... (It was not me in there).