Home About Me HDR Blog Contact Me

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Learning To Draw

So for the longest time one of my greatest difficulties and fears has been drawing.  As an art major there can be a lot of pressure to be an all around artist rather than just a digital one.  

One of the things that comes with being an "all around artist" is the ability to draw from sight. Something that I had never succeeded at... but wait ... to be honest before then most of the times I tried drawing were in middle school art and just doodling on a paper. 

  So finally I got up the courage to sign up for a drawing class and learn some of the skills.

After many primary sketches the first major project was assigned. We had to draw a still life of Bottles, Books, Pumpkins, and a huge skull!  I had never attempted a project quite so involving and I was honestly a little intimidated.  But I put in the hard work, line by line, until I finally ended with something that I felt comfortable turning in.


My second major project was a close up of a wheel.  The wheel was my choice and for the life of me I am not sure what made me choose it! The angle that the wheel sat on made the entire drawing extremely difficult. 



I have finally worked up the courage to post something that I have been uncomfortable with.  
This is my adventure learning to draw and it is still on going.  Please tell me what you think and I will be sure to post some pencil drawings next!